Saturday, May 3, 2008

Thomasville, GA Rose Festival

The roses are beautiful in Thomasville the last weekend in April.
The Rose Festival includes cut specimens, arrangements, outdoor gardens, an orchid show, arts and crafts and an antique car show. Lots of fun!


Our favorite is this bright red climber.



This one is named Senior Prom and is growing at home in my new rose bed.

Our Tropicana is Terry's favorite.



Artic Flame is really doing well in my FL garden.


Couldn't resist adding a shot of my Dutch Iris

The Thomasville Orchid Show inspired me to photograph a couple of my own.
This is my giant white phaleanopsis.

And a smaller, deep pink phaleanopsis
I didn't have anything as spectacular as this oncidium though
so I just had to buy it from one of the orchid club members who was displaying at the show.


Here we are right at home outside on our patio.


Terry built this orchid bench for me. My job is to fill it up.
It won't take long at the rate I'm going.

No comments: